This brings an enormous opportunity to create a community and following, help others, and in turn start offering your meaningful advice for sale as digital content. It is scalable, passive, and still very useful to people. Given enough time, all students who persevere at something, eventually mastering it, can become a teacher of that topic.
Suppose you have jumped from learner to educator. You may, of course, choose to place a course on one of the marketplaces such as Skillshare or Udemy where they’ll help market your course, in exchange for a revenue split on each sale. If, on the other hand, you decide to host your course on your own site, I have a list of plugins (that I use myself) which will make your life a lot easier.
- OptimizePress 2.0. You can use OptimizePress to create fantastic landing pages, functionalities, all in a visual design layout tool. There are more than 30 templates to choose from, as well as many elements you can add to ensure your website looks precisely how you want it to, and will be taken seriously by potential students who browse your course offerings.
- ZippyCourses. I use ZippyCourses on my personal website and cannot emphasize enough how much I love it. This plugin powers any online course and serves as the member site for your users. This is where you physically create your classes, host them, and organize your videos by course, section, and lesson. It provides a clear, accessible framework for your courses and simplifies the creation process.
- SumoMe. There are quite a few functionalities offered by SumoMe. One of my favorites is that it allows you to capture email addresses, warm those people into your community by connecting easily to AWeber and other automated email marketing tools, then drive those people back to your course pages to generate revenue.
- Yoast SEO. In my experience, this is the number one plugin to help you with your SEO. Use it to rank your pages, posts, and courses higher in SERPs. It’ll give you recommendations, status checks, and grades on how well your content will be received by Google’s search ranking algorithm. Best of all, it’s free.
- KingSumo Headlines. Blogging expert, Jon Morrow, claims that up to 50% of the time spent writing a blog post should be spent coming up with the best headline. KingSumo Headline optimizes your headlines for more efficient social sharing and higher conversion when reading a post. You’ll be using your blog content to drive in targeted traffic and get them interested in taking your courses.
- AddThis. This tool encourages social sharing, displays social proof, and asks people to share your content. It is vital that you have clear social share buttons on each post, to encourage people to share what you have written on Facebook, Twitter and other networks that fit your visitor demographics. This is the quickest way to get your visitors to share your content with their networks of like-minded individuals.
Online education is a huge industry, and it is growing every year. People currently have a seemingly endless thirst to increase their knowledge, in numerous fields. There are online courses created at all levels from universities to enthusiastic amateurs displaying their knowledge.